PRG was tasked with achieving extensive local media coverage for the launch of Thames Gateway’s Warm & Healthy Homes Partnership, which offered homeowners grants for insulation and savings on other energy efficiency measures.
We arranged a humorous photo opportunity, which consisted of wrapping up five Council leaders in a giant woolly scarf commissioned by PRG. The scarf and location were chosen to illustrate the Partnership’s key messages – warmth, free help, energy savings and five Local Authorities working together – whilst offering a humorous slant to gain maximum media exposure.
To capitalise on exposure from the launch and help drive enquiries, we recommended and managed a number of additional marketing activities, including:
- New website design and build – we designed a brand new website for the Partnership, complete with an online enquiry form to drive visitor enquiries.
- Marketing literature design – we produced a booklet to inform homeowners of the Partnerships’ offerings.
- Direct mail marketing – we researched and organised direct mail deliveries to targeted postal addresses in the five Local Authority areas, to encourage freephone number enquiries.
- Exhibition stand design – we designed and printed small exhibition stands, for Local Authority leaders to use to publicise the Partnership at local road show events.
- Local advertising campaign – we planned and managed a local media advertising campaign to promote the Partnerships’ insulation grants, freephone number and website address.