Press launch achieves healthy media coverage
PRG was tasked with achieving extensive local media coverage for the launch of Thames Gateway’s Warm & Healthy Homes Partnership, which offered homeowners grants for insulation and savings on other energy efficiency measures.
We arranged a humorous photo opportunity, which consisted of wrapping up five Council leaders in a giant woolly scarf commissioned by PRG. The scarf and location were chosen to illustrate the Partnership’s key messages – warmth, free help, energy savings and five Local Authorities working together – whilst offering a humorous slant to gain maximum media exposure.
To capitalise on exposure from the launch and help drive enquiries, we recommended and managed a number of additional marketing activities, including:
- New website design and build – we designed a brand new website for the Partnership, complete with an online enquiry form to drive visitor enquiries.
- Marketing literature design – we produced a booklet to inform homeowners of the Partnerships’ offerings.
- Direct mail marketing – we researched and organised direct mail deliveries to targeted postal addresses in the five Local Authority areas, to encourage freephone number enquiries.
- Exhibition stand design – we designed and printed small exhibition stands, for Local Authority leaders to use to publicise the Partnership at local road show events.
- Local advertising campaign – we planned and managed a local media advertising campaign to promote the Partnerships’ insulation grants, freephone number and website address.
The press launch achieved media coverage in all five Local Authority areas – Basildon, Castle Point, Southend, Rochford and Thurrock – and included local news coverage, radio interviews and coverage online.
Call us on 01323 411044 to discuss how we can help manage all aspects of your marketing campaign, or email us your enquiry.