I’m going to bust the myth that social media is for young people only. Community 102 gathered information to find out how different age groups interact online.
Interestingly the biggest age group who uses the social web the most is the 35-44-age bracket.
- The average age of a social network user is 37 years-old
- The average age of a LinkedIn user is 44 years-old
- The average Twitter user is 39 years-old
- The average Facebook user is 38 years-old
- The average user of Bebo is a mere 28 years-old
Ever heard of Millnnials? Me neither. But if you’re born between 1978-1994 then you are a Millenial. We are the first generation to be raised on the Internet and is expected to be larger than the Baby Boomer generation.
Click on the infographic below for more information.